EQUAL. "R.O.C" PROJECT
EU-proposal of Roc »
- What is Equal Roc?
- The Equal Roc values
- To whom it applies
- Work phases and objectives
- The core of the project: TESTING
- Development partnership and transnational co-operation
ROC: Networking for the development of individual competence for a qualified employment (Rif. IT-g-emi-0027 1709/Rer-02)
What is Equal Roc?
The Equal Roc Project originates within the new Equal Community Initiative programme, aiming to tackle all types of discrimination and inequality existing in the labour market. In the province of Modena, Equal Roc is experimenting some innovative models intending to sustain the adaptability of workers and enterprises to the structural changes in the economic system and the work organisation.
In particular, regarding the risk of discrimination and exclusion of specific categories of workers, Equal Roc allows to update their competencies by integrating active labour and social policies, in order to help them remain inside the labour market or retain their job positions.
The Equal Roc values:
- To integrate labour and social policies steadily;
- To impact upon local and national systems and policies by transferring the innovations experimented;
- To make Information Society accessible to everyone, especially to the most vulnerable individuals;
- To support the growth of human resources and the development of interventions aimed at reducing social disadvantage.
- To set up formally structured partnerships envisaging, right from the very beginning, an active co-operation among the social actors involved, so as to jointly define the objectives, strategies, roles and responsibilities of each partner;
- To integrate the innovations of the experimentation performed at local level;
- To create a network characterised by a high consistency level.
To whom it applies
- NON-QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH VOCATIONAL SKILLS TO BE UPDATED
wishing to adapt and enhance their vocational skills, and improve their job positions
- INDIVIDUALS RELOCATING FROM SOUTHERN ITALY AND FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
seeking conditions favourable to their integration and permanence in the local territory
- "DISABLED" INDIVIDUALS OR INDIVIDUALS AFFECTED BY SOCIAL OR PERSONAL DISADVANTAGE
intending to acquire the necessary vocational skills required for a real and profitable inclusion in the labour market and for the development of personal autonomy
- ATYPICAL WORKERS
interested in updating and developing their vocational skills in order to be more competitive and to qualify their own flexibility in the labour market, also toward forms of autonomous work
Work phases and objectives
In the three-year period between 2002 and 2004 several phases of activity will intersect:
- ANALYSIS AND STUDY
DESIGN OF SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
- Identification of the skill shortage expressed by the several "micro-markets" in the province of Modena towards the local driving sectors and the various productive vocations;
- Outline of the main existing services of detection, qualification, support, adaptability to the local market and social inclusion of discriminated individuals.
- Definition of an integrated system of adaptability services and social inclusion;
- Creation of flexible pathways aimed at the development of skills, professional competence and personal autonomy of the discriminated individuals.
- Application of the integrated offer of services model;
- Setting up of flexible and specific pathways.
- To verify that the objectives of the project have been fulfilled;
- To verify the efficacy of the individual pathways;
- To evaluate the impact and the transferability of the experimented models;
- To evaluate the co-operation among partners, both at local and European level.
- To promote the phases of the project and the results achieved;
- To involve public and private subjects in the work qualification pathways;
- To affect public policies and local and national regulations;
- To create "virtuous circles" of best practices.
The results obtained by Equal Roc will be periodically reported during meetings and workshops organised over the territory, in order to involve the actors operating in the system and the beneficiaries of the services.
Specific periodical investigation and communication tools, newsletters and reports on the initiatives organised will be provided, and they will also be available in our Web site http://www.equalroc.it.
The core of the project: TESTING
The Project intends to test the models elaborated by Equal Roc in the field, in order to help those individuals susceptible of discrimination who intend to adapt and qualify their competencies, and stabilise their presence in the territory.
Several customised pathways will be set up and distributed among four categories of individuals showing a situation of actual or potential disadvantage.
Our objective is to test the efficacy of the services implemented, by activating those that appear to be more suitable to the individualís needs, and by monitoring their impacts with the constant support of the Roc network.
In practice, the services we are referring to are:
- Listening to and detecting the individual
- Diagnosis and self-diagnosis of needs, expectations and assessment of professional potential
- Guidance aimed at the individualís needs concerning self-analysis and investigation of the surrounding environment
- Offer of Training Courses providing with actual updates of the vocational skills required by the labour market
- Chance to recognise oneís own professional competence as training credit
- Individual Coaching where required
- Definition of individual plans for Professional growth and development
- Access to services for social inclusion when required
Development partnership and transnational co-operation
Equal Roc is developed jointly by: Modena Formazione (DP Managing Organisation), Consorzio Solidarietà Sociale di Modena, I.A.L. Emilia-Romagna, C.E.I.S. C.N.I. ECIPAR, Cerform, IFOA, E.C.A.P. Emilia-Romagna.
The transnational partnership consists of "EQUAL ROC" (I), "BRUCKEN ZUR ARBEIT" (D) and "WIEN AN DER OFFENE GRENZE" (A)